MSN Business Directory Motor trade insurance for part-time motor traders


Motor trade insurance for part-time motor traders

Working in the motor trade may not be your full time job. However, you will still need to take out a motor trade insurance policy for your part-time work.

An example of this would be someone who has a permanent day-job and then a small extra income from spending their free time buying and selling cars or lovingly repairing older vehicles, or restoring them to then sell.

Even if this work was only on free evenings and at weekends, you would still need to have motor trade insurance to cover what you do. This is true even if, for example, you only carried out this work and then sold on six or more vehicles throughout an entire year.

We will set a policy level to cover the amount of work you do

Here at Insure Motor Trade, we understand that you may only be working on a single vehicle at any time, and operating out of your own garage, or perhaps a nearby lock-up you use.

It would be unreasonable to expect you to be insured to the same high level for your small or part-time business as a major dealership or authorised repair centre.

Therefore, we will talk to you and find out exactly what you do, the amount of time you spend, the equipment and facilities you use.

What we won’t do

Unfortunately, some motor trade insurance companies would consider you a greater risk if only working part-time or infrequently compared to those operations who are constantly using their skills and equipment.

At Insure Motor Trade, we know you are better than that! So, that’s why we always assess each single policy request and create a package that reflects both your needs, and the skills and experience you bring to the work.

What else we can cover in a single policy

If you are working in the motor trade on a part-time basis and have a day job which involves driving other vehicles, say as a plumber, joiner or electrician, talk to us about your specific situation.

We are happy to consider whether it’s possible to produce a flexible policy to cover your vehicles for this occupation as well.

One check we have to make

It’s a sad fact of life that some people try to take advantage of a situation.

There have been cases where individuals have taken out a motor trade insurance policy simply to provide them with cover to drive any vehicle! Due to this, we are required to see proof from you that you are a part-time trader or mechanic.

Showing us invoices for vehicles you have sold or receipts for spare parts you have bought usually fits the bill.

Take action now

If you are repairing, restoring or selling vehicles as a part-time occupation, then it’s vital to have the motor trade insurance policy that covers all your needs at a fair price.

Contact one of our specialist part-time motor trade policy advisor’s today. We will discuss your specific needs and create the policy that covers every aspect of what you do and is just right for your own situation.

June 4, 2014