MSN Business Directory Car Valeting Insurance |

Car Valeting Insurance

Motor trade insurance for car valeting

Everything you need to know about motor trade insurance (MTI) for car valeting and how to get it.

If you work in car valeting, finding the appropriate motor trade insurance is essential to ensure that you are operating legally. To find out more, here are some FAQs:

What is motor trade insurance?

Motor trade insurance is a specialist type of insurance designed for people who work in the motor trade. It protects you, your business and your customers for damage, accidents and injury, so it’s important to get it right.

Why do I need it for car valeting?

Motor trade insurance is an essential requirement for businesses responsible for car valeting. Without it, you could be unprotected against a wide variety of issues that could be encountered in your day to day business. From personal injuries to damage to the car being valeted, it’s important to ensure that all bases are covered. This will protect you against loss of revenue and potential court proceedings, preventing you from having to pay any incidental costs directly.

Do I need different cover if I’m a mobile car valeter?

You still require motor trade insurance if you are a mobile car valeter, but the level of cover you need may differ slightly. If you do not own your own premises, discuss this with an advisor who will tailor a quote for your business, ensuring that you have the appropriate cover to carry out mobile car valeting.

What does it cover me for?

If you are responsible for valeting cars, it’s likely that you will be working on some very expensive vehicles. Even the smallest amount of damage could cost a great deal of money to repair. Without insurance, this would have to come from your profits. The correct motor trade insurance will give you the option to cover yourself for accidental damage, ensuring that any repairs that need to be carried out as a result of your work will be paid by the insurance company, protecting your income.

If you need to drive your clients’ cars whilst they are in your care, motor trade insurance can also be purchased to cover you for this.

Does it cover my equipment?

If you have equipment that needs covering, discuss this with an advisor to ensure it is included within your quote. Equipment can be expensive to repair and replace, so it’s important to ensure that it’s covered to enable you to carry on working if something goes wrong.

What is employer liability?

If an employee sustains an injury whilst working for you, there’s a possibility that they could file a claim against you. Therefore, it is recommended that you purchase a policy to cover you in the unfortunate event that an employee decided to pursue you for a personal injury claim. This is becoming increasingly common, so it’s important to ensure you are covered.

Call Insure Motor Trade now to receive a full and accurate quotation for your business!

Latest Blog Posts

Back to the top